Herrick Archives Building PH 108
A. IDENTIFICATION & LOCATION
1.1 This building has not been officially named by the Board of Trustees
1.2 Alternate names noted:
Women's Softball Stadium, Softball Field, Softball Stadium, Buckeye Softball Field
2.1 Location at 2410 Fred Taylor Drive
3. General Description
3.1 Type of Construction
3.2 No. of Stories:
3.3 Gross Floor area of 17,634 sq ft
3.4 Renovations include the construction of a locker room, players lounge, umpire changing room, locker room for the visiting team, and conference rooms for the coaches and a hitting building. Capacity has increased from 800 to 1,500 people.
B. PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION
1. The Lantern on March 30, 2009 states that Buckeye Field cost $5.9 million and opened on March 21. The new stadium included locker rooms, players lounge, umpire changing room, visiting team locker rooms, and a conference room for coaches.
There is also an indoor hitting building containing batting cages that cost $1.5 million.
1. The architect/engineer contract was awarded on June 23, 2006
2. The schematic design approval was on October 20, 2006
3. The design development document approval was approved on October 20, 2006
4. Construction document approval was on December 18, 2006
5. Bid opening on June 13, 2007
6. Construction began on June 2, 2008
7. The date of completion was June 19, 2009
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
1. University associates who worked on the project include: Project Manager Gary Collier
2. Architect: GBBN Architects
3. The Board of Trustees awarded the contract to the following contractors:
General: The Altman Company
Plumbing: Radico, Inc
HVAC: Vaughn Industries, Inc.
1. The budget for the project was $5,499,332.
1. In Photoarchives:
2. The Lantern
March 30, 2009